PPANE will be holding our first printcompetition.com image competition the at our Convention the day before NEIPP starts, on April 7th. Here’s your chance to test out those images that you’ve reworked since the district results or test run images that weren’t ready for the district. Test run as many images as you want before sending them to the next stage of competition!
1. All entries must be entered via www.printcompetition.com.
2. Entrants may submit only digital files.
3. No changes to your entry are permitted once the entry deadline has passed.
4. No refunds will be issued after the entry fee is paid.
5. Entrants do not need to be PPANE members to compete in the PPANE Competition.
6. Entries previously merited at PPA’s International Photographic Competition are not eligible, including any image from a merited album.
Eligibility requirements for the PPANE Competition are:
1. Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure or exposures for all entries other than those submitted to the Artist category.
2. All processing, manipulation and/or rendering were done by the entrant or under their direct supervision. For entries in the Artist category, all of the digital work must be done by the entrant.
3. The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold PPANE harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of PPANE's display, publication and promotion or other use of each image submitted to PPANE.
4. The entrant's name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
5. There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted per entrant.
6. No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. All images submitted must be self-directed. Images created in an educational environment under direct supervision from an instructor are ineligible.
7. All elements of each entry much be created by the entrant, except in the case of Artist entries where the entrant can use material from other sources. If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the IPCC, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, that entry shall be disqualified.
8. Multiple entries may be of the same subject.
9. Entries will cost PPANE members $20 each, and non-PPANE members $30 each.
10. The PPANE competition will open on February 28th. The deadline for the PPANE competition is March 31st, 2018.
11. First time entrants eligibility: you are a first time entrant if you have not previously entered image competition for a PPA affiliate state, or district or entered IPC.
In addition to first, second and third place trophies, NEIPP scholarships will be awarded to the makers of the three highest scoring images. These awards will be based on the scoring of a single image, not cumulative case scores. Only one scholarship will be awarded per entrant. (For instance: if one photographer creates the top two entries, that maker will only receive one scholarship and the next highest scoring entrant will receive the 2nd place award.)
Only one scholarship will be awarded per entrant. Judges decisions are final. Ties will be broken by considering the next highest scoring image submitted by the tied entrants, and so forth until the tie is broken. First prize is a $750 NEIPP 2019 scholarship; second prize is a $500 NEIPP scholarship; third prize is a $250 scholarship. Scholarships must be used for a full week tuition at NEIPP 2019, (for either a 4 day class or two two-day classes). If any award recipient cannot use his scholarship for the following year’s NEIPP, the monies are forfeited and that amount will go back into the NEIPP scholarship or general fund.
The rules regulating digital submission are:
• Entries and entry fees are to be submitted through printcompetition.com.
• Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4000 pixels, including album pages. Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. In most cases, total file size should not exceed 3.5 MB. Larger files will be accepted when necessary so long are they are JPEG/10.
• No underscores or special characters are to be used in the file names
• If you are submitting an album, name the pages in sequence 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3, jpg, etc.
Select all the pages for the album and then zip the file to compress. Submit the zip file.
• The deadline is 6 PM, Boston time, April 6th, 2018. Judging will take place April 7th during the PPANE conference, prior to NEIPP.
Call the PPANE Executive
PO Box 1436
Auburn, ME 04211-1436